In some places, the voltage is often unstable or the power is suddenly cut off, which is quite harmful to the computer hard disk. For example, when formatting or partitioning, a sudden power failure may cause a fatal failure of the hard disk. For voltage instability, a voltage stabilizer can be configured to solve it. For frequent sudden power failures, a UPS can be configured for protection. Among all computer accessories, the probability of hard disk failure is still relatively high. To protect the hard disk, we must start from the following aspects.
The most important protection work is to do a good job of shockproof measures for the hard disk. When the hard disk is working, the data platter in the hard disk rotates at a high speed, and the distance between the platter and the magnetic head for reading data is only a few microns. If the hard disk vibrates greatly, causing the magnetic head to collide with the high-speed rotating platter, it is likely to cause damage to the magnetic head or the platter. Slight bad sectors of the hard disk will occur, and serious ones will cause the entire hard disk to be scrapped. ATO 220V single phase voltage stabilizer is designed for home purposes and is a good choice for your computer.
Pay attention to the following points:
- The computer host should be placed in a stable and reliable place, never on a shaky desktop.
- The installation of the hard disk must be firm and reliable. During the long-term use, the screws will inevitably become loose. Once loose, the unstable factors will be increased, so the screws must be tightened.
- When the computer is working, remember not to move the host computer or mobile hard disk. If you want to move it, you should shut down first.
- Hard disk cooling problems that are easy to ignore. Nowadays, the amount of data read by computer applications are getting larger and larger, and the space of the hard disk is also getting larger and larger. The large-capacity high-speed hard disk of 7200rpm will generate a lot of heat during operation. The long-term operation of the hard disk under high temperatures will undoubtedly reduce the life of the hard disk. It may also cause the computer to crash and the consequences of data errors.
- When formatting or partitioning, a sudden power failure may cause a fatal failure of the hard disk. Therefore, a AC voltage stabilizer can be configured to solve the voltage instability. For frequent sudden power failures, a UPS can be configured for protection. Of course, this will cost an extra fee. But if you’re doing very important work, the investment is worth it. In addition, in the process of using the computer, you should also pay attention to protecting the hard disk. For example, after an abnormal shutdown occurs, when the computer is restarted, the system should complete the disk scan and regularly perform disk defragmentation.