The voltage stabilizer has proven to be an effective solution able to prevent potentially dangerous situations created by input voltage instability.
The main application fields where devices sensitive to voltage variations can be used include:
- Industrial sector: Oil & gas, laser cutting, water shearing, the tobacco industry, textile industry, galvanic processes, machinery in general.
- Food & Beverage: Industry, intensive breeding, food processing, packaging, bottling.
- Tertiary & servicing: banks, hotels & tourist resorts, data center, laboratories, small businesses, private users.
- Telecommunications: TV/Radio stations, telecom networks.
- Public sector: Hospitals, public offices & institutions.
- Renewable sources: Solar and wind farms.
In all these applications, voltage fluctuation, even within the tolerance admitted by the Standards, can generate operating issues. In that case, devices particularly sensitive can show errors or malfunctions beyond the acceptable limit.
Typical situations where voltage can be subject to fluctuation beyond the admitted tolerance are:
- Loads supplied by weak or undersized distributing lines (rural areas or locations supplied by long distributing lines such as breeding farms, tourist resorts, hotels, etc).
- Users located near distributing station and therefore subject to voltage increase.
- Private premises with high power installations (swimming pool pumps, big chillers, special lighting systems, lifts) and/or particularly voltage sensitive loads (high power consumer electronics, etc.).
- Loads located near large industrial plants where individual high power devices (MV motors) can induce voltage reduction at startup.
- Island operating loads (ships, offshore rigs, loads not connected to the public grid).
In comparison to other types of equipment, the voltage stabilizer offers a number of advantages that very often make it the optimum solution:
- Usually with lower price.
- High output voltage stability guaranteed even for wide input fluctuation.
- Absence of introduced harmonic distortion.
- Robust and reliable construction, allowing for use in hard environments.
- Overload capability up to twice the rated current (max 2 mins).
- No concerns in terms of storage, transportation, maintenance and disposal due to the fact that batteries are not used.
- Smooth and reliable regulation of the load voltage ensuring a ±0.5% accuracy even with important input voltage variation.
- High efficiency.
- High inrush current withstand capability.